Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Module 4 - Digital Sotry Telling

Having a look at these videos and exploring the websites provided like ‘Storynory,’ my mind is in a spin. The potential of a Podcast and Vodcast seems endless. I am an infants teacher, and having the opportunity for my students to be able to listen to modeled reading would be fantastic. Since looking through this site, I have downloaded the story of ‘St. Patrick’ and put it onto my class ipod’s. Next week I am going to use this as a pure shared reading task, during guided reading rotations, so that the children can listen to the story and learn about this saint. The next step for me is to be able to get the students to use digital tools such a USB recording microphones for them to be able to record there own voices. They could record there counting, responses to questions, develop reading questions for there peers and upload them onto our grade MyClasses page. This ensures that all content is safe for the children to use and to upload onto.

During most KLA’s I am using Youtube videos as a means to keep my class engaged in the task at hand. Multiplication table raps, Japanese videos on “how to make Sushi’ are ones that I have used recently. The children enjoy watching these and are always interested in when we log onto the site.

2 comments:

  1. great mel. i think providing students with the words of the story in additon to listening to it would improve their learning. ive saved/printed out little red riding hood words for you !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Emma, the children really loved these tasks and I could see the benefits of these podcasts. The children we really engaged in the story and ejoyed listening. It was a great activity for guided reading tasks

    ReplyDelete